Probably the first challenge within a facilitation process is to get clear agreement between the facilitator and the group about what they want to achieve and how to go about it.
Different from a formal written agreement for delivering a project or a service, we call this work contracting.
Contracting refers to mutual commitment and clear communication about what will happen.
- TOPIC DEFINITION
- OFFICIAL AND UNOFFICIAL PURPOSE
- INFORMATION AND ACCESS TO PARTICIPANTS
- GROUND RULES FOR COOPERATION
- DELIVERABLES AND TIMELINE OF OUR INVOLVEMENT
- SUCCESS CRITERIA
- CLIENT SUPPORT AND RESOURCES
- TASKS, ROLES, RESPONSIBILITIES
- ACCEPTABLE CHANGES ALONG THE WAY
- WHAT WE DO NOT DO AS FACILITATORS.