The biggest challenge of facilitating a productive meeting is to keep people engaged and interested.
Here are some thoughts to consider when thinking of facilitating in an engaging way:
- Preparation is everything
- Introduce everyone in a friendly manner
- Establish a safe environment to express
- Begin your meeting with a quick check-in
- Equip people with the right tools for contribution
- Ask for contribution explaining what you expect from them
- Frame the questions specifically
- Acknowledge contributions
- Build on what you receive
- Show respect and use a positive language.